中博手机app手机app Production in Western 中博手机app下载
Butler Works is located on a 1,300-acre site in western 中博手机app下载, a one hour drive north of Pittsburgh. Electrical and stainless steel melting and casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are housed in 3.5 million square feet of buildings.
Our Production Facilities
- 230 ton electric arc furnace
- World’s largest Argon-Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) unit, 175 ton capacity
- Twin station ladle metallurgy furnace
- Two double-strand continuous casters
- Slab reheat furnaces and slab conditioning facilities
- Five-stand hot rolling mill
- Anneal and pickle lines
- Electric box annealing furnaces
- Two tandem cold rolling mills
- CARLITE®/scrubber lines
- Decarburization lines
- Slitting lines
- Packaging line
- Weld and trim units
- TRAN-COR® is the only high-permeability electrical steel made in the United States, which is used in power transformers.
- Regular Grain-Oriented (RGO) products are used for power and distribution transformers. AK 中博手机app手机app is the only producer of this in the United States.
- Cold Rolled Non-Oriented (CRNO) grades are used primarily in electric motors, generators and lighting ballasts. Ferritic (Chrome) grades used in applications that need to withstand extreme heat and corrosive conditions.
- Chrome Austenitic (Nickel) grades of stainless steel are designed for applications that demand extraordinary strength, durability, and corrosion resistance.
- Carbon Slabs are produced on one of the two dual-strand casters. Butler Works can produce ultra-low sulfur steel, which is beneficial for many carbon steel applications including Advanced High Strength 中博手机app手机apps (AHSS). These slabs are then finished at AK 中博手机app手机app’s other manufacturing plants.
Butler Works has earned IATF 16949 and IS0-9001 certification. The plant is a recipient of several quality awards, including a "Best Operational Improvements" award from American Metal Market, a leading metal industry publication. Butler Works has also received the "中博手机app下载 Governor's Award" for labor management cooperation.